let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around West Shore
Opportunity knocks for someone looking to take on a project and obtain affordable living. This Home is Priced to Reflect this Fixer Upper Potential and Priced to Sell. This bright and spacious Mobile Home is perfect for the retiree or downsizer who enjoys gardening in their own yard. The 2 bedroom 1 bath home is located in a well maintained and managed 55+ manufactured home park, conveniently near shopping ...Listed by RE/MAX CAMOSUN
-42 Falstaff Place- Convenience and affordability in a fantastic View Royal neighborhood. Located just a few minute walk from Portage Park Beach and Playground, E&N Trail, Thrifty's, 4 Mile Pub, Rexall, Canadian Tire, and a main bus route. You will rarely find a more convenient location in Victoria. This 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 1300 sqft home can easily be reverted back to a 3 bedroom, or you can enjoy the ...
A perfectly situated home, that provides comfort, convenience, and balance. This classic 4 bed, 2 bath, 1900 sqft Saanich home provides the idyllic ambience that is always sought after. A picturesque yard full of flowers, fruit trees, herbs, garden beds, irrigation and a greenhouse will be the envy of all your friends. Quick possession is possible so you can get the gardens planted early! A newer custo...
Fantastic Rural Living minutes to Victoria. This 1.37 Acreage Hobby Farm has come to market after 40 years. The property is located in View Royal near Thetis Lake and just steps away from McKenzie Lake. This acreage is bright and sunny, surrounded with peace, privacy and quiet while enjoying all the wildlife, trails and swimming holes this community has to offer. This spacious acreage features a 4 bedrooms 2 ...Listed by RE/MAX GENERATION
THE PERFECT FAMILY HOME! EXTENSIVELY UPDATED 5 BED, 3 BATH, 2010SF HOME ON LARGE, LEVEL & LANDSCAPED .17AC/7,500SF LOT IN FAMILY FRIENDLY BROOMHILL. Be impressed w/the new vinyl plank & laminate flooring as well as the abundance of natural light thru a profusion of windows. Spacious living rm features floor to ceiling wood-burning brick fireplace w/marble hearth. Inline dining rm will easily accommodate famil...Listed by RE/MAX CAMOSUN
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015