let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
AO in place. A picturesque 4 acre country estate located on a quiet road, in a convenient location. The 3600 sqft custom built, one owner home features a luxurious kitchen, formal dining area, office, large primary bedroom, 5 piece en-suite, and a bonus room above the over sized double garage with suite potential. The property has a sprawling pasture setting, with a highlight on equestrian. The high e...
ATTENTION ENTREPRENEURS AND ENTHUSIASTS! This 2500sqft, 3 bed, 3 bath home sits far back on the sprawling .65 acre parcel. The property offers 2 unique features that you must see. 1. An 1100sqft bright and beautiful studio, originally intended for dance, but is perfect for a home based business such as yoga, art, music, and fitness, the options are never ending. Private entrance, change area, bathroom, ...
Fabulous 2 bed/1 bath corner unit home located in a quiet treed neighbourhood! You'll appreciate the light-filled open spaces & lovely easy-to-maintain laminate throughout. The main living/dining area is bright, spacious & leads out to a great enclosed, private balcony - this is a perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee or evening wind-down while taking in the greenery right outside the window. The sleek k...Listed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Oak Bay
-Welcome to 6756 Marisa Court- This classic farmhouse style home is the original building in a new development soon to be among beautiful executive homes. The 2377 sqft floor plan offers a great layout, with 3 large bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms on the main, plus a legal 2 bedroom 2 level suite with a great tenant. There have been extensive renovations and upgrades throughout, including new exterior siding, win...
A great opportunity to own a large 2 bedroom condo in a very central, safe, and proactive building. The condo has a very large main bedroom, lots of storage, and some great updates. The gem of this space is the huge sunny private patio, perfect for planters, barbecues, and relaxing. This unit comes with a secure underground parking spot, and a large storage locker. A second parking spot is also available for ...
Extraordinary offering in pristine and prestigious Cordova Bay. A property that offers a variety of options for investors, developers, builders, carpenters, first time home buyers, and house flippers. Set only one block away from access to arguably the most beautiful beach in Greater Victoria. Very close to several parks, walking trails, playgrounds, Mattick's Farm, and Cordova Bay Golf Course. This home is...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015